Camping is one of the best outdoor activities that help you to unwind. Urbanization meant to upgrade life standards by providing modern living and hi-tech amenities to mankind. However, it has become very difficult to find peace and solace in the city life. Which is why camping is getting more popular than ever. Camping allows you to connect with Mother Nature and discover your lost inner-self.
For some people, camping is fun while others take this opportunity to understand the nature and learn to survive with limited facility. Sometimes you discover yourself even if you get lost in the woods. This is the real fun of camping it always teaches you something new about yourself and the world you live in.
Moreover, camping can be made more relaxing and comfortable with the right kind of mattress supporting your sleep at nights. Every experienced camper understands the importance of good sleep while camping. Woods are a lot different than your bedroom hence it is wise to stay fully equipped with gears like emergency lights, rain jacket, airbeds, and many more. Here, we have listed the five best camping mattress for your quality sleep during camping.
1. Sound Asleep Air Mattress
Sound Asleep air mattress is one of the best mattresses for camping. It’s a rounded rectangular shape and the company’s patented comfort coil technology makes this mattress special than the others. This nine inches height mattress comes along with a sure grip coating which makes it more convenient for sleeping while camping.
- The modern mattress technology to support the body and provide good sleep.
- One click pump for easy inflation and deflation.
- It comes with a handy carry bag.
- It has a suitable height for people with neck and knee pains.
- Its I-beam air coils ensure that there is no deflation in the middle of the night.
- This is a slide-proof mattress for easy grip while sleeping.
- This airbed is too large in size hence suitable for large tents only.
- Sometimes, a squeaking sound comes while sleeping which is annoying.
2. Coleman Airbed Cot with Side Table
One of the best options mentioned on the list. Coleman is a versatile cot product with both comfort mattress and isolation quality. This mattress has a coil system for a comfortable sleep. Also, it has a double airtight lock which ensures no air leakage while you rest. A steel frame supports with this mattress provides strength to withstand weight up to 300 pounds. If you are tall like six feet, you can accommodate comfortably on this camping mattress.
- It is great for indoor and outdoor both activities.
- It is much comfortable with its foldable sturdy steel frame.
- It quickly inflates.
- It comes with side tables along with cup holders.
- The double lock air valve traps the trap for a longer time.
- You might not like to lift a heavyweight mattress for camping.
- It is slightly expensive than other air mattresses.
3. Intex Inflatable Camping Mattress
If you prefer a lightweight yet comfortable mattress for camping, this is perfect for you. This mattress is topped with fabric which makes it more comfortable while sleeping. Also, the pressure distribution evenly happens on its wave beam construction. The manufacturer took an additional effort and added a vinyl coating to protect it from environmental elements.
- This mattress is very light weighted.
- It has an inbuilt pillow along with Intex inflatable camping mattress.
- It is easy to fold, store and carry.
- Its wave beam construction allows great spine alignment.
- There is no pump offered with the mattress.
- Some people find this mattress too small in size.
4. Etekcity Air Mattress with Rechargeable Pump
ArcEnCiel is one of the most trusted brands in the industry. It manufactures the best quality products. This mattress has a striped belt column structure providing you great comfort while sleeping. The nine inches height Etekcity mattress is made of non-toxic PVC & 0.2mm flocking top. The air pump makes the inflating a hassle-free process.
- It has a soft top and anti-skid bottom which makes it an ideal camping choice.
- It is highly durable.
- It comes with a rechargeable air pump and repair kit.
- You get one year warranty and lifetime support with this mattress.
- It is easy to use, fold and carry.
- Bad odor of PVC is irritating.
- This mattress deflates quickly within a few hours of inflating.
5. Light-speed Outdoors Air Bed Mattress
LightSpeed is an amazing camping mattress that is rounded rectangular in shape. Also, it has Lightspeed’s patented stabilizer system. You can adjust this mattress firmness according to your choice. This mattress is made up of PVC-free TPU material which makes it temperature stable, durable, and abrasion resistant.
- It comes with a stylish bright color storage bag hence it is handy.
- It is available in five different colors.
- It is free from any bad odors.
- It is made of Phthalate-free material.
- Its thickness is uncomfortable for some people.
- The valves aren’t close.
What You Must Consider While Buying a New Camping Mattress?
Buying a camping air mattress is not very complicated. If you know your camping environment, it becomes easier to pick a new camp mattress to have a restful sleep through the night. There are four mattress types which are useful while camping and they are Camp Stretchers, Air Mattresses, Foam Pads, and Self-inflating Mats. These are basic types which you get to pick as your camping sleeping partner. Also, there are a few more important factors that you must consider before making a purchase decision. So let’s have a look:
- Height – Every person is different in height so make sure you camp mattress accommodates you well enough to give better sleep.
- Deflation and Inflation Process – you might not want to waste your energy in the inflation or deflation process of your air bed hence make sure you choose the less hectic mattress for camping.
- Inflation Control System – Doing the same thing, again and again, is a waste of time and energy, therefore, make sure your mattress has proper systems to help you.
- Body Support – During camping, you will not get the flat surface so make sure you check the mattress body support feature before buying it.
- Portability – If you often change your campsite, remember that and pick the portable size mattress instead of a too heavy or too big mattress.
- Weight Capacity – Find this out before you pick something that is incapable of bearing your weight after a few times.
- Durability – If you are a regular camper invest your money on a mattress that is more durable so that you can use it often.
- Valve Quality – One of the essential things to check in an air mattress is its valve quality. The better the valve, the longer, it will last. Therefore, while buying a new air mattress for camping see if the value is good quality or not.
- Warranty – You must compare the warranty feature while buying the camping mattress because you don’t want your money to go waste in one or twice usage. Therefore, opt for the best warranty offering mattress.
A camping mattress is great for making your camping experience more delightful. Check out here mentioned air mattress before heading on to your next camping trip. You will be amazed to see how it can intensify your camping pleasure. The buying guide has all the features that will help you pick the best camping mattress for your camping trips. If you want to know more about the mattress and its sleep effects, check out Voonky. It can increase your mattress and sleep knowledge.
Hope you find this article helpful!