Frequently Asked Questions
You can track your shipment by following this link and entering your order information: https://montemlife.com/track-order/
Promo codes have expiration dates and cannot be used more than once. Promo codes also have to abide by certain guidelines, Ex: minimum purchase value or time of the year.
Not happy with your Montem gear? Return it to us within 30 days, and we’ll give you a full refund. Please follow the steps below:
1. Please email us at [email protected] we can advise how to return if you are needing help with an exchange.
2. International orders cannot be refunded.
You can return your items within 30 days of your purchase for a full refund of your purchase amount. Items must be undamaged.
Please note that all international sales are final, i.e., we can not accept returns or exchanges.
Is your order international? Failed to FBA simply means our international warehouse will be packaging and shipping your order rather than our warehouse in the continental United States.
If you see this, your order was received, and your order is still shipping out :).
Montem Trekking Poles
Adjust your arms so that they’re at a 90 degree angle while using your Montem Trekking Poles. When adjusting the height of the poles, make sure the number on the top segment of the pole is the same as the one on the bottom.
Flip open the clasp, then proceed to make 1/4 turn adjustments to the screw until you get the desired tension. The bolt should be tight enough that when you close the clasp the pole supports your weight without sliding.
To adjust the length of the strap pull the tension block out. Once the tension block is removed, you may pull the loose end to tighten the strap, or pull the upper end to loosen the strap.
Trekking poles, like any good piece of gear, require some regular care and maintenance. Below are general maintenance procedures for our trekking poles:
- Completely separate the poles by unlocking or loosening each section until they can be pulled apart.
- Once the poles are separated, use a damp cloth to wipe down the poles and flip locks to remove all dust and dirt.
- Use a soft dry cloth to dry the inside and outside of the poles as well as the flip locks. If needed, use nylon brush to remove any dirt that could not be removed with the cloth. Note: DO NOT use any lubricant or alcohol-based product.
- Check the flip locks for damaged parts.
- Allow the poles to dry thoroughly, preferably by air drying for several hours, before reassembling the poles.
- No matter what, it’s important to remember to never lubricate the pole behind the flip locks. This will only cause slippage inside the pole.
- Our trekking poles come with carbide tips. They provide a good balance between traction and durability on a variety of surfaces. Our poles also come with rubber tip covers that can extend the life of the carbide tips and protect your gear if your poles are stored near other items. These tips are also good for protecting sensitive areas where you don’t want to impact the ground. Please note that these rubber tips may fall off with light use and are meant to be replaceable. You can buy our replacement tips or may use universal trekking pole rubber tips.
Your Montem Trekking Poles will come with a set of rubber feet. These should always be left on while your poles are in storage. When walking on hard terrain, be sure to always use rubber feet. The carbide tips will wear out if continuously used on solid rock.
When hiking on soft terrain, such as grass, the rubber tips are not necessary, as the softer ground won’t cause any damage to the carbide tips.
Always remember! Proper care will extend the longevity of your trekking poles.
The carbide tips are not replaceable. Be sure to care for them to extend the life of your poles!
Unbundle the strap holding the different parts of the poles together.
- Let the different parts of the pole hang freely using the handle. Note that the pole has three parts.
- Fit the two lower sections together and twist right to lock.
- Fix the lower section (which you’ve already combined) into the upper third section, which is comprised of the handle and flip lock.
- To lock, rotate each section until you feel some resistance. The resistance indicates the section has locked into place.
Rotate the sections, loosening them from being locked into place.
- Pull out the lower two sections, comprised of the two pieces you’ve attached, and easily separate those two sections from each other.
- Bundle the different sections together using the strap.
Montem Fortem Pocket Blanket
Unpacking your blanket is easy! Simply loosen the bag, remove the blanket, and unfold it until it’s fully opened. Then, have fun!
Yes! Each corner has a loop for a stake.
Yes, it is! But, be sure to air dry it, or use the dryer on low if anything. If you dry the pocket blanket on a higher temperature you can cause static and wrinkles within the fabric.
The Fortem Pocket Blanket weighs 4.8 ounces.
Packing up and storing your blanket is incredibly easy. All you have to do is keep folding it in half until it fits back inside the bag!
Montem Oceanum Dry Bag
Yes! Your dry bag is designed to float if it falls into the water.
Yes! The Oceanum dry bag is indeed waterproof, and is designed to keep your items dry. It is not intended, however, for prolonged submersion.
Using your dry bag is as simple as 4 steps!
- Insert your items inside the dry bag.
- Roll the dry bag down to the desired height.
- Clip the clasps together
- Enjoy having your valuables and electronics safe, and dry!